Did you know that anytime you recommended a service or a product to a friend you have actually engaged in word of mouth advertising? Well, word of mouth advertising simply means spreading the words about a product, service or a site through speech. This kind of advertising is the cheapest, super performing and easiest form of advertising.
Advertisements can be expensive and ineffective; word of mouth among all other product promotion skills remains to be the cheapest and most effective way for any company or business. Here are some of the reasons as to why most companies would go for this method:
• This advertising method does not cost the company lots of money in fact it can be free of charge! Advertising via Television, Magazines, Radio or internet can be quite expensive moreover ineffective.
• The advertising method mostly produces very good results as many people tend to trust word of mouth testimonials. Some people are skeptical of standard advertising and always have the notion that they are being tricked into purchasing a product or view the adverts as too exaggerated.
• Experts who use word of mouth are highly regarded and all they say is taken seriously. One of the major tactics used by most companies is that of giving free/ sample products to their targeted clients who inturn preach the gospel to other people. This method may be expensive to the advertising company but it still remains to be the best way to wining customer loyalty.
Finally all businesses know that publicity is very advantageous. So any kind of recommendations made through mouth about a certain business, even if negative, are laterally important because people will remember the name of the business, and might probably be curios about the business.
Why does word of mouth advertising work?
This advertising is considered as the golden advertising due to its exponential effects. The reason why word of mouth advertising works so well is simply because personal testimonies are very powerful. Research has proven that a great number of people have a tendency to resist the message of commercial advertising and the Radio or TV marketers are faced with the huge challenge of breaking that barrier by making use of eccentricity or humor. The advertisement via mouth is however much more effective as the targeted people are immediately open to the message, they might be in the middle of an intimate conversation with a family member or a friend and therefore the message will encounter no resistance.
Simple word of mouth advertising ideas
You can start your word of mouth campaign by simply:
• Emailing your friends or family about your services or products
• Telling your friends to spread the word about your business
• Passing out business cards at networking events
• Creating a squidoo lens on zujava to market your business
• Becoming active on social networking websites such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or Linkedln
You may also encourage other people to talk about your business by offering them exceptional items such as calendars, diaries or customized key holders.